The latest defender in Windows 10 system reports a warning “Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml” for our application. It made us very nervous. We thought it might be our development systems have been affected by some viruses, so we invoked Microsoft defender to scan the whole system but found nothing.
Then we tried to scan our install packages and all its files. Finally, we found some interesting things. If the DLL library or EXE files have the prefix ‘mss-‘, Microsoft defender might detect these files to be “Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml”. It is ridiculous! So we have to build all our versions and change some files with new names.
Please pay attention to these files whose name have been changed for this problem.
|Old file name||New file name|
Because we use same code base for all platforms, we have to change the files’ name in Linux system including Pi at the same time. If your script files care these files name, you will have to update them to fit that. Sorry for that.